The connection between diet and fertility -The fertility diet is called what it is because it contains components that support your ability to reproduce. It includes foods that are nutrient dense and that contain specific macro and micro nutrients required for cellular reproduction, fetal development, health of sperm and egg among other things.
Although there is no magical fruit or perfect diet that will guarantee conception, but you can always have a great nutritional path that will aid your quest for motherhood and you do not need to necessarily make any adjustments with your cravings!!!!
Infertility can be a lonely place. Even though we have treatments like IVF and other ART techniques available around us, thing have really gone critical for most of them due to their unhealthy lifestyles and Dietary habits. Moreover, while we are talking about the role of diet, we must also understand the fact that it plays a key role in the overall healthy functioning of the Human body. Keeping the same thing in mind, let’s take a look at some of the Do’s and Don’ts in order to enhance your Fertility factor.
The Do’s for the fertility Diet
- A recent study emphasizes on the fact that Mediterranean diet helps in increasing fertility.
- It must further include wild-caught salmon, cod and halibut which are rich in Omega 3s and further helps in reducing inflammation and regulating menstruation.
- Diet must also include healthy lean protein which is low in saturated fats and Trans fats.
- You can also include whole wheat grains in terms of multi grain bread, quinoa and brown rice in your diet to increase your fertility chances. Such type of food is rich in fiber and vitamins and helps in getting the excessive hormones from the body while keeping the blood sugar in balance.
- The person must intake foods which are high in fiber as it helps in maintain a healthy hormone balance while reducing the ovulatory conditions like Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). Foods like fresh fruits, vegetables, beans and dark leafy greens can really come good for the same purpose.
- Eggs must also be included in the diet as they are a good source of lean protein, vitamin B12, and vitamin D to which helps in protecting the body from free radicals and promotes the healthy production of sperm in the process.
- Spinach and broccoli are been termed as high in iron and folic acid which proves to be a great support in the formation of egg , healthy fetus and also helps in healthy production of sperm.
- Food items like bananas, dark chocolate, pomegranates, cabbage, tomatoes, citrus and cranberries proves to lay a bigger impact on healthy sperm production while keeping a balance on the hormone levels
- Last but not the least, water is the most essential item to the whole diet and must be consumed in its purest form.
The Don’ts of the Fertility Diet
- Non-organic dairy and proteins should be avoided as it increases inflammation and hormonal imbalance.
- Try to avoid unfermented Soy as it boosts the estrogen levels in the body and causes fertility issues.
- Say no to sugar and packaged fruits juices as they add unnecessary sugar to the blood.
- You must also not consume food and water from plastic containers as it leads to Hormonal imbalance.
- Caffeine intake should cut down as it impacts the hormonal balance.
- Avoid all type of processed foods during the same period as it infuses harmful chemicals present in the preservatives to the body.
- Alcohol consumption can negatively affect fertility.
“Usually you believe that infertility is a misfortune to be fixed with pills but in fact it is god calling towards becoming conscious of what you eat and think”
Eat well ….Conceive well!!!